Throughout the world, an estimated 884 million people still do not have access to clean sources of water.
According to the LifeStraw manufacturers, the device contains no chemicals or batteries and makes it possible to drink safely from any river, lake or puddle.
Weighing just 2 ounces and only 9 inches long, LifeStraw is also ideal for hiking, backpacking, camping, travel, and emergency preparedness. The straw-style filter design lets you turn up to 1,000 liters or 264 gallons, of contaminated water into safe drinking water filtering out protozoa and bacteria. If 2.7 liters (0.7 gallons) are consumed in a day – it means that it will last a year before it needs to be replaced. There are no replacement parts; users must get a new unit each year.
SPECIFICATIONS & BENEFITS
- Lets you drink directly from streams and lakes or from a bottle
- Uses advanced hollow fiber membrane technology to filter up to 264 gallons or 1,000 liters of water to 0.2 microns
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria, including E. coli and salmonella
- Removes 99.9% waterborne protozoa, including Giardia and Cryptosporidium
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness)
- No aftertaste: LifeStraw® doesn’t use iodine or iodinated resin chemicals and is BPA-free
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards
- Ultralight: weighs only 2 ounces or 57 grams
- Portable: only 9” (22.5 cm) long and 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter
- Requires no electrical power, batteries or replacement parts
- BPA free and contains no chemicals
- Raw materials meet US Food and Drug Administration regulations and standards
Source : designtoimprovelife.dk